Hi Sébastien,
It's certainly possible to align genomes of that size with
progressiveMauve, but your computer will need enough RAM and disk
space, and you will need some patience. I would suggest using entirely
default parameters at first (--seed-family will use extra RAM & compute
time), and it would be well worth ordering the contigs in your draft
genomes against the reference before trying to compute a 3-way
alignment. In terms of RAM you are likely to need 60-100GB available,
with similar amounts of free disk space. The point at which your run
failed is where it's trying to allocate a large block of RAM, so I
suggest checking that first.
Best,
-Aaron
On Thu, 2017-02-09 at 14:07 +0100, sebastien letort wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> First try with progressiveMauve, and I got this error.
>
> I'm trying to align two de novo assembly genome of Brassica napus on
> its
> reference (850 MB).
> It seems that something goes wrong on the first steps.
>
> ./progressiveMauve --seed-family --seed-weight 41 $REF_FASTA
> $ASS_PATH/aviso.fa $ASS_PATH/tower.fa > run.log 2> run.err
>
> This list makes reference to memory or version pb for this error.
> I launched the command on a cluster with a lot of memory.
>
> ./progressiveMauve --version
> progressiveMauve  build date Feb 13 2015 at 05:57:13
>
> I tried with default size for seed-weight, it didn't change the
> error.
>
> Any help ?
> Sébastien
>
> ------
> run.log
> Storing raw sequence at /tmp/rawseq11609.000
> Sequence loaded successfully.
> Brassica_napus_v4.1.chromosomes.fasta 850292103 base pairs.
> Storing raw sequence at /tmp/rawseq11609.001
> Sequence loaded successfully.
> aviso.fa 699132284 base pairs.
> Storing raw sequence at /tmp/rawseq11609.002
> Sequence loaded successfully.
> tower.fa 690335263 base pairs.
> Creating sorted mer list
> ****
> run.err
> Error creating sorted mer list
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'genome::gnException'
>
> (code error 134)

Aaron E. Darling, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, ithree institute
University of Technology Sydney
Australia

http://darlinglab.org
twitter: @koadman

UTS CRICOS Provider Code: 00099F
confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, do not read, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message or
attachments. If you have received this message in error, please notify the
sender immediately and delete
this message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, except where the
sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the views of the
University of Technology Sydney.
Before opening any attachments, please check them for viruses and defects.

Think. Green. Do.