I've made a few changes to the perl-transform. Now its doing the process
stream reading and writing in separate threads, so things won't get blocked.
You can get the new version at:

http://www.scolamoore.com/jim/opt-perl-20020627.zip

What does you guys think of the usefulness of this? I myself pretty much
never use perl, but I know people who swear by it as the text manipulator
par excellance. As I said in the last message, I originally built it to meet
the needs of a friend who pretty much needed maverick to support this
functionality before he could even consider it. Now that its done, though, I
think other people may find it useful as well--I had several downloads
yesterday, so at least there's some curiosity about it. For one thing,
there's a lot of legacy perl out there, so maybe this can aid in modernizing
existing apps. On another level, maybe sometimes perl is just the best tool
for the job and I don't think it hurts mav to have as many options as
possible.

Anyway, I would love any feedback.

--jim