Hopefully someone uses Maverick in Eclipse and can help me with this conundrum...

I'm trying to create a new webapp with Maverick. The only things I have on my class path (I think) are
maverick.jar, the two Tomcat jars that Eclipse includes automatically when you create an Eclipse project, the JRE System Library, and my own project. I'm also using the Sysdeo Tomcat plugin.

I have successfully used Maverick to map requests to Velocity views (hmmm, I don't have any Velocity stuff on my classpath, maybe it's all in maverick.jar?), but I have a problem if I try run a command.

When I start Tomcat, I get these errors in the Eclipse console:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

This in spite of the fact that I've tried putting a log4j.properties file in the root directory of my project, in the WEB-INF directory, and (by using the Navigator view instead of Package Explorer) in WEB-INF/classes. Is there something I can add to the web.xml file to tell it where to look, or some way I can fix that?

When I try to run a command that extends ThrowAwayBean2, I get this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/beanutils/BeanUtils

So, I add commons-beanutils.jar both to the project build path and to the Tomcat classpath. Then when I try to start Tomcat, I get this error:

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
Catalina.start: java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java: 2540)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.createSAXException(Digester.java: 2566)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1061)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractXMLDocumentParser.emptyElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(U nknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDis patcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unkno wn Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1548)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:449)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:400)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:180)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.jav a:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessor Impl.java:25)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:203)

Please someone tell me I'm missing something easy here...

Thanks,
Todd