Thanks - I think I'm confused about how the constructor that lets you pass in a
memoryBlock is supposed to work.

If I do this, it works fine: the data is transferred.

    dim m as memoryblock (...)
    fm.CreateMemoryblock(id, m.size)
    fm.deleteSharedMemory=false // the receiver will handle deleting it
    (...)
    fmv = fm.MapView(0,m.size)
    dim buffer as MemoryBlock = fmv.Memory
    if buffer <> nil then
    m.CopyBytesMBS(0,m.size,buffer,0)
    fmv.FlushView
    fmv=nil

If I do this, the data ends up blank on the receiving end:

    dim m as memoryblock (...)
    fm.CreateMemoryblock(id, m.size)
    fm.deleteSharedMemory=false // the receiver will handle deleting it
    (...)
    fmv = fm.MapView(m,0,m.size)  // pass in our memoryblock
    fmv.FlushView
    fmv=nil
    m= nil

In the second example, is the problem that I'm setting FMV to nil?  Or that I'm
setting my MemoryBlock to nil?