On Jan 15, 2015, at 8:43 AM, Christian Schmitz wrote:

>> Am 15.01.2015 um 14:30 schrieb Chris Smolinski
>> <csmolin...@blackcatsystems.com>:
>>
>> Christian,
>>
>> Have you considered writing a plugin that handles playing mp3 files, etc on
>> Windows via winmm.dll or some other tech built into Windows? I'm thinking
>> this might be very useful, with QuickTime being depreciated.
>
> WindowsPlayerMBS class does that:
>
> http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.net/class-windowsplayermbs.shtml
>
> it was written for a client to play small mp3 from memory in background.
>
> Greetings
> Christian

Thanks, Christian. Do you think it would be possible to extend this class? I'd
need the ability to set the output device and channel mapping, set the
position, volume, etc. I could create a list of the requirements if you'd like
to see it.

Chris Smolinski
Black Cat Systems
http://www.blackcatsystems.com