> HI,
>
> actually there are APIs for CoreGraphics to be notified if a part of the
> screen changed.
>
> So we could get an event when some rectangle areas on screen are updated.
> And since 10.8 we have even a newer API which gives you the picture plus the
> rectangles.
> This way we could get a picture as well without taking screenshot extra.
>
> What do you think?

Hello,
That's great for the Mac side, indeed.
For Win32 and Linux (unless there's a similar API?), I'd still have to make my
own code; I could merge both techniques in my code. Of course, if these systems
also provide notifications about changed parts of the screen, that'd be the
most excellent news.

I think being informed of parts of screen that changes would be a great
addition in the plugin.

> For speed it may be good if the plugin does more here to make sure you get
> best speed, e.g. compress areas as jpegs.

Granted, but if other users happen to use it, perhaps it would be some kind of
parameter to still be possible to get an uncompressed picture?
Thank you.