On Sun, Jun 07, 2015 at 09:29:01PM +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have found out that two files "ru.po" and "it.po" out of several
> dozens are excluded from synchronization with Transifex.
>
> 1) I understand that Russian translation was lately done directly in the
> repository by Andrew, and he said that he was manually uploading these
> updates to Transfixes. I have checked the current state, and the
> Transifex version was behind the one in the repo; I have fixed this.
>
> 2) In what concerns the Italian one, I understood from Slava that the
> maintainer (Marco Ciampa) didn't want to use Transifex for some reason.
> I checked it and it seems that it is more complete in the repository, as
> compared to Transifex. Now, the curious part is that I can see that it
> has been updated by Piotr Drąg rather recently.
>
> Could we please move EVERYTHING to Transifex? It does have a command
> line client, which is very easy to use and allows to upload & download
> translations literally with two commands (tx pull and tx push), if one
> doesn't want to use the web interface. I'm happy to try to help with
> that if anyone really needs help; I've just tried it, and it's no big
> deal at all.
>
> Otherwise, shall we at least somehow block people from using Transifex
> for the languages that are being committed directly to the repository? I
> do not like the current situation, because it seems that people doing
> stuff on Transifex are not aware of what's going on the git repository
> and vice versa. I think it's a really bad scenario when people invest
> time in doing translations, and their work is just discarded.
>
> Any comments?

I have always keeped mc translations in sync in many years. I think that
transiflex is a great tool for missing or poor translations. If there is
someone (like me) that check periodically translations for completless
and for behaviour in the "live" program (translate -> compile -> install
-> test -> commit) I think that is invaluable.

I do not want to "go back" to transiflex. If it will be so, I understand
and respect your decision, but I'll not continue updating mc in Italian.

bye

--

Marco Ciampa