On Mon, Jun 08, 2015 at 10:41:30PM +0200, Yury V. Zaytsev wrote:
> On Mon, 2015-06-08 at 12:09 +0200, Marco Ciampa wrote:
> >
> > I do not want to "go back" to transiflex. If it will be so, I
> > understand and respect your decision, but I'll not continue updating
> > mc in Italian.
>
> Hi Marco,

Hi Yury,

> My ultimate goal is not to force you to use Transifex, but to get the
> problem solved.
>
> The problem as I see it, is that there is you, and there is some
> mythical Italian translation team on Transifex. It seems that the
> translations are out of sync, yours is better and more complete, and the
> work by Transifex team, whatever they've been doing so far was going
> directly to the waste bin. I think that the latter situation is
> suboptimal to say the least. I hope you would agree with that.

Yes of course.

> If your position is that you don't want to touch Transifex with a 10
> feet pole,

Not at all. I even have an account on Transifex.

> and either you commit directly to git, or you won't work on
> the translation at all, then at very least we should disband the Italian
> translation team on Transifex, and delete the language from there, don't
> you think so? This is one of the possible decisions that can be taken...

As I see from the Transifex site the Italian Team is:

-----------------

Team Managers

    ZYV

Coordinators

    TrAndy (Andreas Troschka)

Reviewers

    There are no reviewers added yet. Read more about collaborator roles here.

Translators

    ciampix (Marco Ciampa)

    ihaveadrin (Teodoro Santoni)

-----------------

So it seem I'm 50% of the team ;-)

> However, I don't understand your arguments as to *why* you don't want to
> use Transifex. It seems to me, that you have some misconceptions as to
> how it works in the actuality, and this is why you don't want to use it.

Probably. I got an account on Transifex in 2010 and used sporadically.
Now it seem to be changed a lot from the last time I used it actively.
I just installed the transifex command line client ... interesting...

> Transifex does have a web interface, and associated workflow, but you
> also have the option to simply use it as a repository, just instead of
> git pull & commit & push when you are ready with editing & testing your
> PO-file in whichever way you like, you have to do tx pull & tx push.

This is a good thing.

> Unfortunately, I don't have any more time to read your other message
> attentively today, so I'll try to get back to it and understand what
> your problem really is later this week.

Ok. As a compromise may I conserve the write access to the git repository
but use Transifex as a "preferred" interface? Could it be feasible?

It is not clear to me though the update mechanism and why Transifex have
another (unupdated) copy of the translation...

PS: is there an IRC channel for Midnight Commander, maybe on #mc on freenode?
Why not put it in mc home page? Is the channel operator in the mc team?

--

Marco Ciampa