> Yes, the documentation is outdated, they just added a file in
> ./. Not to flame mc developers, but the FAQ and other files in
> 4.5.52 are outdated too :)

We don't have new frequently asked questions :-/

> > We have too few people who want to test the CVS version of MC.
>
> I like to use CVS and used to use it for mc, but didn't try
> since I moved to Slackware 7.1. Do you recommend it? It should
> at least build? I run mc as root (no, only mc and kim), and

I'm surprized by this question. In fact, I don't understand this approach.
Take it and test it. If it doesn't build, write here. Scream here! But
don't ever assume that things on CVS don't build.

How can you think _so_ bad of MC developers?

> don't want it messing up my filesystem. If it's stable enough
> I'll give a try (otherwise, test as a normal user).

It should be at least as secure as the last released version. In fact, a
security fix has recently been applied (cons.saver could overwrite any
file IIRC).

The only thing that can be a bad surprise for you is the new "localized
case sensitive" sort on panels, thanks to Timur Bakeyev.  Sometimes I just
want to revert that patch, by I still hope to find time to make everybody
happy (i.e. make 3 sort modes - sensitive, insensitive and locale
default).

Regards,
Pavel Roskin