Hello, Miguel!

It seems that you have committed more files to the MC repository than you
intended to do.

For example, all *.po files have been committed with the comment "fix rpm
script problem". One cannot fix an rpm problem by changing the Turkish
translation.

Ideally, the translations should not be writable by anybody but members of
the translation team. gettext-0.10.35 merges translations on "make dist",
but this is probable a bug in gettext - it should leave alone the source
directory. And I'm always careful not to commit the *.po files - they
should be merged, but it's not my responsibility.

Also configure.in got committed, this time with the version 4.5.54.
You probably should consider obliterating the revisions that you didn't
mean to commit.

One file that _wasn't_ committed is ChangeLog. I think we should follow
the GNU standards that require to document the changes.

I think it's time to fork. The GNOME edition is in the maintenance phase,
preparing to be replaced by Nautilus. It should be frozen, and nobody
should chanfge it except for fixing critical issues.

The text edition is another thing. Its developers should not be
constrained by the freeze in the GNOME edition and alienated by being
uninformed about new releases.

I do respect your efforts to create a user-friendly desktop environment,
but I feel that the text edition should be given a new life by separating
it from the agonizing monster strangled by the Nautilus.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin