Hi Michelle,

On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:03, Michelle Konzack wrote:
> > In Fedora Core 3 (which uses utf8 by default), I tried both mc-4.6.1-0.12.FC
> > and mc-4.6.1a-0.8 (development) but still face the problem. Any hint around
> > this problem? Is there any way to get mc working fine w/ utf8 or maybe mc is
> > not the culprit there?
>
> Please note, that RedHat is using there own patch.

Not exactly. The original patch was from a Red Hat developer (Jakub
Jelinek) and depends on fixes to slang that I believe first appeared in
Debian (?). The latest extensive improvements to this patch are from a
SuSE developer (Vladimir Nadvornik) and were sort of adopted and cleaned
up by me (in the sense that some non UTF-8 related parts have been
merged in CVS). Lately some fixes were made by Jindrich Novy (Red Hat)
and some patches from Egmont Koblinger (UHU Linux) still need to be
reviewed.

> So better you ask the Developpers of RedHat.

The people that develop this patch also hang out here. Even though this
patch will not be accepted upstream I feel this is the appropriate
channel to discuss it.

Leonard.