Hello Leonard,

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 23:55:09 +0200 Leonard den Ottolander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello wwp,
>
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 18:23, wwp wrote:
> > Hmm just tried w/ vanilla 4.6.1-pre1 tarball and everything is fine w/ my
> > UTF-8 locale and accented files. I think that will keep that one :-D.
> > Thanks for your help!
>
> Would you be so kind to investigate a little further and let us know
> where the breakage you see gets introduced? And is it caused by changes
> in the vanilla tarball or by changes in the utf8 patches? Any difference
> between 4_6_1_PRE and HEAD?

How can I get HEAD tarballs? Or should I checkout from cvs? Is there a note
about how to perform this?

Oh BTW, it seems that FC3's mc-4.6.1-0.12.FC3 is based on 4.6.1-pre3 as I
could see here: http://www.linuxsecurity.com/content/view/118166 and on many
places reported by google. So the difference is the patches applied for this
FC3 build? Isn't it the minimal diff that you were asking for?

(excerpts)
* Tue Feb 01 2005 Jindrich Novy  4.6.1-0.12.FC3

- update to the latest release candidate mc-4.6.1-pre3
- drop BuildRequires gettext-devel
- merged all UTF-8 related patches to single .utf8 patch
- add patch to fix mc logo in help
- rewrote mbstrlen() in utf8 patch, this fixes:
- dir name truncation in command prompt for ja_JP, ko_KR locales (#142706)
- localized texts will fit dialog windows and pull-down menus - tweak
create_menu()
- dialog titles are centered correctly
- convert hints for ru, uk, zh, man page conversion fix

Regards,

--
wwp