On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

>>> I've configured as you suggested above. The system is  FC5 with some
>>> missing updates and MC comes from the latest snapshot tarball. I've
>>> stopped gpm so that it won't interfere.
>>> Mouse support does work - both buttons and the mouse wheel.
>>
>> I'll check on this when I'm home this evening (have an FC5, just in case
>> that is relevant, e.g., for locale).
>
> Ok. I am pretty much willing to work with you to improve MC's ncurses support
> not only regarding mouse support but in general. But I just cannot accept
> bugreports without proof. I am sure that you see some kind of a
> problem - just let me know how to reproduce it.

I understand that.  At the moment I see that you are apparently having MC
interpret escape sequences (since I do not see a mechanism for it reading
the KEY_MOUSE data that ncurses would send if mousemask() were called).
That is not happening on my machine, but it is a starting point.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net