On Fri, 15 Sep 2006, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Sep 2006, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
>> The immediate cause of the problem is that (from some previous run of MC),
>> the ini file says
>>
>>      use_8th_bit_as_meta=1
>>
>> which makes MC change the KEY_RESIZE (0x199) to 0x19.
>
> I see it now - that's definetely a bug in MC. Thanks for tracking it down!

no problem.  (I didn't go past that point last night since I spent most
of the time on lynx).

> The attached patch should fix it. I'll
> apply it if you confirm that it fixes the problem for
> you.

I'll test that this evening (thanks)

> I'd like to ask you to share you thoughts regarding the
> use of ncurses in MC in general. Like things that you
> don't like or think that can be implemented in a better
> way. Also if you have any information about reports of
> MC misbehaving when built with  ncurses support - please,
> let us know. I am also interested in getting MC to work
> with the widechar version of ncurses - if you could provide
> any references I'd be very grateful.

ok.  I can review it and (aside from offering suggestions on the configure
script) perhaps offer some advice on the wide-character code.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net