Hello!

On Tue, 2007-11-06 at 16:16 +0100, Sam wrote:
> Greetings, although it's  filetype that is mostly used in windows, i
> wanted to ask if someone could add support for the r *M*ike *O'*Brien
> *Pack*, format short mpq.
> There is already a plugin for totalcommander under windows, and a
> wonderful archiver running under windows as well , which you can find
> together with a c++ library supporting this format under
> http://www.zezula.net/en/mpq/download.html , some documentation and
> links are  listed in the wikipedia-page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MPQ .
> I think it would be a nice addition for  example for all those people
> like me, that want to mess with and look through the archives delivered
> by blizzard with their famous games without having to use wine or even
> reboot to nasty windows.

You don't have to use Windows.  A quick look for mpq on Google finds
mpq-tools at https://babelize.org/mpq-tools.php

Midnight Commander could support extracting mpq archives using
mpq-tools, although I think mpq is too obscure to add its support to the
mc distribution.

If you are suggesting that mc should implement mpq support internally, I
think it's an insane idea.  Nobody will do it.

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin