At my organization we use Acceptiva for all of our online credit card
transactions. I like working with them. They actively try to make
things work better for us, they're responsive, and reasonably priced.
(They have limitations in terms of form layout, but nothing we can't
live with at our size/needs.)

I've been talking with some other folks who have been suggesting
Google's service (Google check-out?) for annual memberships in another
organization. I'd like to steer clear of Google because they require
that everyone be a registered user, logged in, before they can pay.
This is a pain for people who might give us money once or twice a
year--or in the case of say, the organization in question, renew
membership once and, if lucky, attend an event or two during the year.

What is other folks' experience? If you're not hosting it all yourself
(and I hope nobody who isn't forced to by an idiot board and isn't a
bank is doing so), what works best for you? What flexibility in
handling transactions do you get that makes one service work better
for you than another?

ari