Robyn:

I haven't used Mimsy, so I couldn't say if it supports this, but what I've
done with a few different databases now is to create an Exhibition record
that links all of the items. But for individual, discrete groups, I've
always had to manually "massage" the labels, then save the label to the
individual records. These records will share a record that they were in an
exhibition together, and the same label document or record, but have no
other relationships.

I know that's kind of fiddly, but that might be one way of attacking the
problem.

Best,

~P