Call for Participation: iConference 2012
Toronto, Canada
February 7-10, 2012
http://www.ischools.org/iConference12/2012index/

The iConference is an annual gathering of a broad spectrum of scholars and
researchers concerned about critical information issues in contemporary
society. The iConference pushes the boundaries of information studies, explores
core concepts and ideas, and creates new technological and conceptual
configurations -- all situated in interdisciplinary discourses. These issues
will be tackled during our four-day event in downtown Toronto, February 7-10,
2012. The conference theme is: Culture * Design * Society.

Please join us for a multitude of high quality papers, posters, workshops,
along with interactive alternative events that will frame the conversation. In
addition to these activities, there will be a Doctoral Colloquium and an Early
Career Workshop at the conference, lots of social events, and many
opportunities to mingle.

The iConference series is sponsored by the iSchools, a growing association of
more than 30 Schools, Faculties and Colleges in North America, Europe and Asia
- however, affiliation with the iSchools is not a prerequisite, and we
encourage everyone to participate.

* Conference: http://www.ischools.org/iConference12/2012index/
* iCaucus:    http://www.ischools.org/site/
* Last Year?s Proceedings: http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1940761

Submission types:
* Papers:  We?re looking for original research, six to eight pages; papers will
be refereed in a double-blind process, and accepted papers will be published in
the ACM Digital Library.
  Submission deadline:  Monday September 12, 2011
  Notification: Early November
  Final version due:  Monday December 5, 2011

* Posters: We?re interested in posters presenting new work, preliminary results
and designs, or educational projects. Poster abstracts will undergo a blind
review, and accepted posters will have their abstracts published in the ACM
Digital Library.
  Submission deadline: Monday September 26, 2011
  Notification: Mid November
  Final version due: Monday December 5, 2011

* Alternative Events: These can include panels, fishbowls, performances,
storytelling, roundtable discussions, wildcard sessions, demos/exhibitions, and
more. All should be highly participatory, informal, engaging and pluralistic.
  Submission deadline: Monday September 19, 2011
  Notification: Mid November
  Final version due:  Monday December 5, 2011

* Workshops: These can be half- or full-day and can focus on any area within
information.
  Submission deadline: Monday September 19, 2011
  Notification: Early October
  Final version due:  Monday October 31, 2011

* Doctoral Colloquium: This year, for the first time, conference submissions
will be a consideration when selecting our doctoral colloquium participants. To
be eligible, we request that applicants submit a paper, poster, or alternative
event proposal by the submission deadlines above. Please visit our website for
details.

ORGANIZERS

Conference Chair
* Jens-Erik Mai, University of Toronto

Papers Chair
* Jonathan Furner, University of California, Los Angeles

Posters Chair
* Paul Marty, Florida State University

Alternative Events Chair
* Philippa Levy, University of Sheffield

Workshops Chair
* Kelly Lyons, University of Toronto

Doctoral Colloquium Chair
* Hamid Ekbia, Indiana University

Paul F. Marty, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, School of Library and Information Studies
College of Communication and Information, Florida State University
240 Louis Shores Building, Tallahassee, FL 32306-2100
http://marty.ci.fsu.edu | marty at fsu.edu