Hi Everyone:

I've been working with a group of nonprofit technology folks and TechSoup to
research the possibilities of nonprofit participation in Second Life.  There
will be a "mixed reality" event next Tuesday, July 18th at 6:00 p.m PST.
See: http://beth.typepad.com/beths_blog/2006/07/announcing_the_.html

Curious about Second Life, but totally new to virtual worlds?   That's why
we're hosting a very informal newbie introduction on Friday, July 14th at
2:00 EST.  Several educational technology folks who have mentored newcomers
will be there as well as a few nonprofit representatives.

Before you attend, sign up for a second life account at
http://www.secondlife.com and build your avatar.

Then join us "in-world" at the TechSoup Office by clicking this link:
http://tinyurl.com/ogbpd

For more newbie and How-To information, check out the Second Life wiki:
http://secondlife.com/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=How-Tos

Beth Kanter
Beth Kavka in Second Life

P.S.  I just did an interview with Jeska Linden, Community Manager for
Second Life.  She has some interesting comments re: museums in second life
http://beth.typepad.com/beths_blog/2006/07/an_interview_wi.html