From: mcn-l-bounces at mcn.edu [mailto:mcn-l-boun...@mcn.edu]On Behalf Of
Sanford, Robyn
Sent: Monday, July 24, 2006 1:16 PM
To: 'Museum Computer Network Listserv'
Subject: Re: [MCN-L] defining CMS user access [faked-from]

We're going through the same thing here as we just upgraded from Mimsy 2000
to Mimsy XG and are now finding a need to keep better track of our user's
settings as we have a lot more options for their setup.

I am also trying to figure out the best system for me, we've only had the
system for 3 months and we are still hammering out the details. But I too am
using Excel currently. I guess what I found most helpful was to establish as
few User role types as possible and just keep a record of those settings and
the users attached to the role.

Also, perhaps KE EMu can help you to get reports from your Admin area. Mimsy
did not have this ability built in either, but the company has written a few
reports for me that I can run against the database and get a printout of a
user's current setup.

Let us know how it goes! Good luck!

Robyn Sanford
Database Manager/Systems Administrator/Trainer
Los Angeles County Museum of Art