Some other sly work-arounds that I discovered when I had to do a Tech TV
presentation were:

to slice the image ( Fireworks to make site maps, hot links etc.)
Before placing it on the site.
Mattel used to do this with it barbie image.  If you slice it unevenly it
can be very difficult to reconstruct after you right click each piece.

To place the image in the background of a table and then place blank gifs in
the table. When you click you just get the gifs.

Sincerely,
Trudy Levy

Principal, Image Integration/DIG-mar.com
415 750 1274    http://www.DIG-Mar.com
Membership Chair, Visual Resources Association
<http://vraweb.org>
Images are information - Manage them