And I would add, there is no supportable business model out there that relies on the theft and commercial re-use of web images. It's simply not happening on any noticeable scale. Obviously it can be hard to convince a content provider of that, and the original poster is in a situation where it's too late now to make that case. But in general there's really not enough of a reason to worry about it.

Matt Morgan
Manager of IS
Brooklyn Museum