From: Janice [mailto:janice.cradd...@cartermuseum.org]
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2005 4:32 PM
To: mcn-l@mcn.edu
Subject: Scheduling software

Has anyone found scheduling software that is uncomplicated and incorporates scheduling all aspects within a Museum?  We mainly have tours, special events, and daily staff meetings that we want to track on one calendar (instead of 10 different public calendars in Outlook!)  It would be nice if it could produce daily and weekly activity reports; monthly and annual statistics, like numbers of attendants to different types of tours and functions; track docent hours based on which tours they were scheduled to do, track resource usage, etc; and give everything to you in one calendar view screen!  And don’t forget unlimited users because we want everyone on staff to be able to view the calendar and may be even book staff meeting rooms.  We looked at Vista, Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge Events module, and ABC Event Manager.  There are things I like about each one of them.  They all seem to focus on different aspects of event planning.  Some on room allocation, some on tracking resources, some on finance, some on ticketing… but, we just haven’t quite found what we need.

So, what software are you using and what do you like/dislike about it?

Janice Craddock

Information Technology Manager

817.738.1933

jan...@cartermuseum.org