Hi David,

Does the "however you define it" include Citizen Science and Citizen History
projects that are grassroots, independent peer-to-peer learning/sharing
networks -- AKA the fine-grained "pre-organizational" boundary level
components of the cultural artifact "ingestion system"?

For example, our Softalk Apple Project (Citizen History) is a Content
Partner of the Internet Archive (https://archive.org/details/softalkapple)
and our FactMiners.org (Citizen Science) project is the applied R&D "wing"
of an entrepreneurial community ecosystem [1] that is engaged in "serious
fun" in the #cognitivecomputing and #digitalhumanities domains. Our Softalk
Apple Project is, in effect, a "sandbox" for @FactMiners' applied research
[2].

As of yet there is nothing but a persistent "elastic network of
collaborating individuals" creating and evolving our "on-line small museum"
(www.SoftalkApple.com).

Does a "small museum" in such a sprawling and evolving Citizen
Science/History ecosystem qualify to be join the SIG? BTW, we believe
Citizen Science/History networks will be among the "job creators" of the
21st Century [3].

David, if The Softalk Apple Project qualifies as a "small museum," Timlynn
and I will gladly join the Small Museum SIG to contribute our voice to the
Citizen Science/History passion-driven learning/sharing network perspective
that is likely on the rise within the MCN community. :-)

Actually, I think there is a very natural affinity between small (often
local or specialized collection) museums and passion-driven knowledge
networks -- local face-to-face groups and on-line special interest
"fan(atic) clubs." You might consider adding the "Citizen Science and
Citizen History project" demographic to your candidate pool and incorporate
this participation interest in the Small Museum SIG group
description/platform (providing it doesn't dilute the special focus that you
want to bring to this new group).

Just thinking out loud. This is a great idea regardless of whether we fit
the profile or not.

    Happy-Healthy Vibes,
    -: Jim and Timlynn :-

[1] http://goo.gl/L9Pkze