Hi Neal,

While not specifically a museum, the UK¹s Your Paintings Tagger from the
Public Catalogue Foundation is a really good recent example of social
tagging on art history collections.

http://tagger.thepcf.org.uk

In addition, their excellent work on Art Detective is not strictly social
tagging, but uses similar principles to crowdsource more specific (and
arguably useful) information about "lightly documented" works of art.
http://www.thepcf.org.uk/artdetective/

Hope these are useful additions to your list!

Rob

Robert Stein
Deputy Director

Office 214-922-1232 | Fax 214-922-1350

Dallas Museum of Art
1717 N. Harwood St.
Dallas, TX 75201
http://www.DMA.org

On 6/11/15, 8:24 AM, "Neal Stimler" <neal.stim...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dear Colleagues,
>
>Seeking examples of museums that continue incorporate crowdsourced social
>tagging in their online collections. My current running list includes:
>
>Brooklyn Museum
>Ethnologisches Museum - Staatliche Museen zu Berlin (tagging project for
>ethnographic archival collections)
>Los Angeles County Museum of Art
>Minneapolis Institute of the Arts
>Museu Nacional D'Art de Catalunya
>Philadelphia Museum of Art
>Powerhouse Museum
>
>Would welcome your references to other institutions doing this and any
>insights as to how this data is collected, stored and applied throughout
>various systems. I've noted that some require login, whereas others do
>not.
>Also aware of the steve.museum project which was an important contribution
>and catalyst for this type of activity in the field.
>
>Thanks for your kind assistance in my inquiry.
>
>Best Regards,
>
>Neal Stimler

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail message and any
attachments hereto is intended only for the personal and confidential use of
the designated recipients. This message and any attachments hereto may contain
confidential information and communications. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient or an agent responsible for delivering it to the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you have received this message
in error, and that any review, dissemination, distribution, use or copying of
this message and any attachments hereto is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately.