Hello Nigel

On 15-May-02, you wrote:

> On Tue, 14 May 2002 02:53:31 -0400 ( EDT) [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote
> about [md-2] Re: Sendind M$Word docs as attachments:
>>
>>    Like I said, receiving MS Word stuff, into our Amigas, I
>> understand.  But, sending MS Word stuff, that I do not under-
>> stand?  Nigel, please tell me how you produced a MS Word doc
>> file with your Amiga?
>>
>>                                     Regards,
>>
>>                                     Julian.
> Hi Julian,
>
> No I did mean sending - receiving is OK.
>
> I am currently looking for a new job and the agencies require CVs in
> M$ Word format.  So,  I have used my wife's iMac and the Mac version
> of M$Word.
>
> I have managed to mail the docs using Mac Mail on my account but I
> would like to be able to do this on the Amiga.
>
> I have the trial version of Docdatatype but even with that disabled
> (maybe not all variants of .doc though) I do not manage to properly
> control the encoding of the Word Doc.
>
> Does MD-II rely on the MIME settings in MIME prefs for encode as well
> as decode or does it use datatypes (cannot see why it should though)?

It seems strange that YAM can do this and Microdot can't, and the wife
forwards them all the time with DocDatatypes installed.  There must be
something different in the way YAM handles attachments.  I never do it,
and so I have not tried with Microdot, and the wife uses YAM
exclusively, so neither has she.

Regards
--
Mike Leavitt  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  + team Amiga +