o Donald W Millican <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> I recently started a thread titled 'Arexx Problem' which was about
> Microdot-II not running the MD2V Arexx script recently released which
> allows you to view HTML emails in Voyager by selecting the mail in the
> message list and then choosing a menu item to run the script.

I don't use MD2V. Does it work for you, if you put it anywhere else
than $microdot/Rexx, and call it by shell?

> After considerable discussion with the author of the script, we seem
> to have agreed that the problem lies not with the script, but with
> Microdot itself and yes, RexxMast is run on startup.

> Hopefully someone here can figure out what is going on and why my copy
> of Microdot isn't working anywhere near properly.

> I am using Microdot-II 1.4.15 (30/6/2001) which is fully registered.

Same here (NC3 key).

> The problem :

> If any Arexx script (.mdrx) is placed in Microdot's Rexx directory and
> Microdot is then run, then when a script is chosen from the Arexx
> menu, strange things will happen. I run SnoopDos immediately after
> Microdot to record what happens when I select a menu item - the result
> is often surprising.

Well, yes ...

  [test.mdrx]

>> I tested it with SnoopDos which confirmed that Microdot tried to
>> access the NNTP server (which failed as I wasn't on the net at the
>> time). I tried the script on the net and it immediately connected
>> to the news server and began updating my list of newsgroups!
>> Weird or what?

> 1. Do you Microdot-II people have any idea what could be causing this
> unexpected behaviour?

Same experience as Mike reported before. I have the scripts in
$microdot/Rexx, and when I start the third one, MD2 automagically
downloads the newsgroups list.

  [test2.mdrx]

> 2. Any ideas about this one?

No ...

> When Dave received my emails and clicked 'Reply', there was no return
> address in the 'To:' field, despite the fact that I have set one in
> Microdot in the Accounts...Network...Email Address setting. If I send
> an email to myself and then click 'Reply' then my email address is
> inserted into the 'To:' field.

> 3. Does anyone know why the return address isn't appearing
> (Dave uses Microdot as well)?

What mailer does Dave use, some different than md2 1.4.15?

There is a bug in 1.4.15: when the 'Reply-To:' string in PGP&Specials
is empty, it adds an empty 'Reply-To: ' to the message composed,
otherwise (ie when put something there), it doesn't set a Reply-To
header line.

Sounds like Dave's mailer looks for that Reply-To line, and, if it
isn't present, it takes the reply address of the From header
(the rfc2822 conforming way).

Solution (only for 1.4.15 users), put one single dot or something
there, and no Reply-To will be added by md2. If you still want to use
a Reply-To, add it manually as a custom header.

:x
--
Gruß,   // eix -- Versteht nicht alles.
 flori //         Ist auch besser so.