do you just plug the power cord into the timer, and plug that in to the
wall? Never did timed recording on anything before, but if I got an md
recording device, that's something I'd want, but the trouble is when you
have two programs on two different stations. If it's talk shows and the
like, is there index signals that md recorders could detect to cut out some
of the commercials and the like, and to signal the end of the program, so
it'd know to switch stations to get ready for the next one, and allow
changing of disks automatically?
At 07:56 PM 1/26/00 -0500, you wrote:

>On my 520, there is a switch for the timer position.  If youhave it in that
>position, and you connect a timer, it will record when you aren't there.  I
>haven't really experimented with it.  THe instructions are a little vague.
>
>Ian wrote:
>
>> I intend to replace my cassette deck with the Sony MDSJE530.
>>
>> I frequently make unattended recordings off the radio in conjunction with
>> a timer. Sometimes I will program the timer to record two programs in my
>> absence - say 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes in the afternoon.
>> Providing the cassette is long enough this is no problem; the second
>> recording starts after the first finished.
>>
>> I guess it's obvious that a cassette would work in this way but I am not
>> clear that an MD necessarily would. The 530 is designed to work in
>> conjunction with a timer but does anyone know if it works in the same way?
>> It seems logical that it should but I suppose it could do something less
>> helpful e.g. the second recording could overwrite the first.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Ian

>--
>Jim Coon
>mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>If Gibson made cars, would they sound so sweet?
>
>My first web page
>
>http://www.tir.com/~liteways

Brent Harding
Watch ads for over $20 per hour! Visit this site to join ad vision!
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10160429