How then, do they know to take a commercial break if there's nobody at the
station to cut in the local commercials? If there's a beep or something,
audible or not, wouldn't it get recorded too?
At 09:32 AM 1/28/00 -0000, you wrote:

>          ===================================================
>          = NB: Over 50% of this message is QUOTED, please  =
>          =     be more selective when quoting text         =
>          ===================================================
>
>> Brent Harding wrote:
>>
>       ... but if I got an md
>> recording device, that's something I'd want, but the trouble is when you
>> have two programs on two different stations. If it's talk shows and the
>> like, is there index signals that md recorders could detect to cut out
>> some
>> of the commercials and the like, and to signal the end of the program, so
>> it'd know to switch stations to get ready for the next one, and allow
>> changing of disks automatically?
>>
>This reminds me of the bit in Star Trek movie X where they go back to save
>the whales, and Scotty picks up a computer mouse and starts trying to talk
>to it. Yes, that's how it SHOULD work, but don't hold your breath ...
>
>simon

Brent Harding
Watch ads for over $20 per hour! Visit this site to join ad vision!
http://www.bepaid.com/users.rhtml?REFID=10160429