maven schrieb:

> but i've never bought a pre-rec, either; so i can't tell and don't
> even hear a difference between my CDs and recorded MDs. :)

I only own a demo pre-rec MD sampler from Sony, so I haven't yet
compared the sound quality of a pre-rec MD with its CD counterpart, but I
remember former reports (from people enjoying music, not looking at
numbers, bits or dBs!) that a particular album from "U2" was noticable
better in sound quality on a pre-rec DCC tape than on its CD counterpart.
I think the situation with MD can be similar, but I also think that this
effect is depending on the type of music, so you don't have a constant sound
quality using a compression format. That's the difference to PCM audio....

Ralf