Ralphy wrote:

> AD and DA conversion is NOT taking samples and connecting lines. And
> that's
> where you go wrong. It's a mathematical transformation of the signal.

        I don't think you're right here old lad. The electronic hardware is
carrying out an APPROXIMATION of the mathematical transformation, or if you
like, the mathematics describes an abstraction of the physical process. I
agree, once you are in the digital domain, you can then describe what
happens exactly with mathematics, but of course, you can't listen to that. A
22.05 kHz sinewave WILL come out of the D/A as a square wave (if you
disregard oversampling, and the D/A slew rate) and needs to be filtered to
remove harmonics above 22.05 kHz if you want to reconstitute the sinewave.

        barnesy