In a message dated 7/24/99 5:11:22 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> > This is interesting.  Do you have any information regarding why this was
>  > done?  Did they do it specifically to get the "vinyl sound," or was the
>  > original master tape lost or somehow destroyed?
>
>  Capitol Records never released the first 3 Kraftwerk albums on CD, just
>  because they were too old (early 1970's).

I'm a little confused.  You said that you were comparing a CD and vinyl copy
of the same Kraftwerk album, and that the CD had the same sound as the LP
because the CD was mastered from a vinyl record.  My question is, why did
Capitol do that?  I have heard of it being done in instances where the master
tape was unavailable for whatever reason, and wondered what was the reason in
this case.

Clay Voris
[EMAIL PROTECTED]