Paul McCombs wrote:

> > What would be the way to hook it up to the MD recorder?
>
>  The best I've been able to come up with so far is XLR to 1/4" to 1/8"
> with at least one gender bender in there.

YOu will have to get a Low impedance to high impedance transformer....
low impedance XLR to high impedance 1/4" and then a 1/4 to 1/8" adaptor.

Radio Shack and many other places have them.  the transformers cost
about $15-$20 US.  The 1/4 to 1/8 adaptor costs about $3.  that last
time I looked.  You will still have a problem though becaus the set up
is only Monaural.

Another thing you can do is buy two lapel mikes at Best Buy for about
$14 each,  buy a mono to stereo adaptor for about $4 at Radio Shack and
use that for recording to the Minidisc recorder in stereo.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker

My first web page