Gaz spake,

| I know what he means about the R30's "Convenient" Jog Dial.  I had
| the chance to use it on a friend's unit and it isn't half as comfortable
| or fast to use as on the R3.  Admittedly the R30's looks very neat and
| unobtrusive, compared to the "wheel" on the R3 but I tend to go for
| functionality first, and functionality second so the R30 did not impress
| me.

D'accord.  For those of us old enough to remember rotary telephone dials,
the flat-on-top-of-the-unit position of the R3's dial makes it easy to stick
a finger on the dial and spin it around from the top.  The R30 and R50 have
thumbwheels with just a short section of the perimeter protruding; you can
move it a few notches and then you have to reposition your finger and move it
a few more nothces.

| If only the R3's "Convenient" Jog Dial could do more than title tracks
| and move them around (you don't get to correct me this time :-)

Nope, no need to.

David <--> can't decide which way his arrow should point