Hi Jim.  When you say "diffusion ratio", what do you mean?  All I can tell
you is that here in the "sticks" most people still haven't a clue what a
mini disc is
It really isn't that much of the sticks here.  We actually have a Circuit
City here.

Their selection of MD gear is very limited.

I have always felt that the sale of prerecorded MDs was a waist.  But
lately I'm beginning to wonder whether or not prerecorded MDs are critical
to the growth of the MD as a replacement for the cassette.

The majority of people who purchase CDs are fairly young.  If it were not
for them, I don't think that the music industry would be very large.  This
is just a guess on my part.  But my guess is that the most money spent
purchasing CDs is from people between the ages of 14 and 20 or so.  Even
if it goes up to 30, the drop off as the age gets higher, in my humble
opinion, is rapid.

I was going to say how many pop groups use a mandolin in their music.  But
whether it be an actual string instrument or a synthesizer, Rod Stewart is
really big on the mandolin.  He seems to use one a lot.

One of his huge hits has that great mandolin instrumental ending (at least
it is supposed to sound like one-you'd be a much better judge then I am if
it really is).

G'day,
Larry