LAS wrote:

> "If Gibson made cars, would they sound so sweet?"
>
> Is that who makes your mandolin??

Nope, it's a Flatirn copy of the Gibson,  but that is another story.

> What about other classic guitar
> companies, like Martin?

They make nice guitars, but I don't care for their mandolins.  The ones
I have tried don't have very much volume. (Not very loud)

> I went to a Kingston Trio concert (you kids may have to look that name
> up).  Mike Shane kept breaking strings.  He went on to say that Martin
> custom makes their guitars and how great they are.  The he said something
> about them making really shitty strings though.

I love the KT, My kids grew up on it 'cause I had tapes they could
listen to.  Even got to take them to a couple of concerts in the last
few years.

> You know (to keep on topic) I had my old Sony MZ-1.  They had actually set
> up an extra row of chairs in front of the first row (long boring story)
> and we sat there.  We were very close to the stage.  I can't believe that
> I never thought of taking my MD recorder.

I have recorded a few  concerts, but with the consent of the
performers.

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker