<<Sounds like a DJ's dream come true ;-)

I believe I understand how the pitch control works (at least in theory),
but how does the machine have separate controls for pitch and tempo?  If
you change one you change the other....>>

Pitch and tempo are the same thing.  Pitch control just allows you to speed
up or slow down the song so that you can match the BPM with the next song.
Plus or minus 12% is actually quite a bit of pitch control if your going to
mix, when I mix I make sure the songs BPM are within +/- 4%.  I'm wondering,
does the MD mentioned also having cueing features accurate to 1/100 of a
second?

Skipp