Wilson, Scott wrote:
> Pitch and tempo are the same thing.

Nope, they are different.  Pitch is the whether the notes of the song
are high and squeaky or low and growly.  Tempo is how fast the
individual note are played.  You can play a tune real slow, but at a
high pitch, and you can play it real fast at a low pitch.

>Pitch control just allows you to speed
> up or slow down the song so that you can match the BPM with the next song.

That, my friend is tempo, not pitch.

If you take a tape recorder or one of hte old vinyl records, you can
change the speed of the playback and it will change both the tempo and
the pitch.

With Minidisc, if it is designed right, you can change them
independently.  (I think there are a few that don't but the better ones
will)

> Plus or minus 12% is actually quite a bit of pitch control if your going to
> mix, when I mix I make sure the songs BPM are within +/- 4%.  I'm wondering,
> does the MD mentioned also having cueing features accurate to 1/100 of a
> second?
>
> Skipp

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker