Rob Adams wrote:

> The only thing that impressed me about the R55 was the smaller size

yeah, the size is a nice thing, did you see the new Aiwa AM-HX50?
http://www.aiwa.co.jp/english/exhibi/new_p99/am-hx50e.html

One word about it, impressive.

Some specs about it:

Weight:   Approx. 91g (including rechargeable battery) WOW! :)
Full charge time: Approx 70mins, cool.
Battery life:  (continuous playback)
 Rechargeable battery: Approx. 19 hours;
 Alkaline battery: Approx. 27 hours;
 Rechargeable battery + alkaline battery: Approx. 50 hours

 Battery life is way cool.

 refer to the site for full info.

> but I
> chose the R50 about a month ago and have used it quite extensively in that
> time and haven't had any problems at all.

I've had the R50 for about a year, until it got stolen.

I loved everything about it,  after being a month w/o an MD, I got really pissed
and decided to either buy another R50 or something else
finally I went for the R55  I'm happy with it too, the only drawback from my
point of view is the battery life (I never use the jogdial, I never title my
MD's ;))

> Since I'm a newbie to the
> technology, I'm learning new things constantly but can honestly saw that the
> R50 hasn't disappointed me yet ...

I don't think it will ever disappoint you... it's a workhorse.

> and is still quite small enough to sneak
> into concerts with LOL.
>
> Rob

Cheers.