Hi everyone!

I have raised the SCMS and digital radio issue some time ago, as regards to
what is allowed under the logic.

I have read a few on-line manuals for MiniDisc equipment and some
manufacturers like JVC have not put the digital-radio situation into the
SCMS explanation section of the manual. Does this imply that these MiniDisc
units will blindly treat SP-DIF signals emanating from a digital radio tuner
as CD signals and therefore prohibit digital copying of the recording; or
will they allow for an extra recording generation as what is documented in
Philips and Sony digital recorder manuals.

Also, how does the SCMS logic treat a recording made from any of the
following new digital-radio situations:

1) A DSS receiver with SP-DIF output tuned to a Music Choice or similar
service

2) A DAB tuner with SP-DIF output, like the Arcam Alpha 10 DRT

3) A European DVB-based digital satellite receiver with SP-DIF output tuned
to a Music Choice or similar service or

4) Any "digital cable radio" box with SP-DIF output.

I am assuming the units are set up to record a "regular" music service
rather than a "premium" or "pay per listen" music service.

With regards,

Simon Mackay