LAS wrote:

> The DATs that I bought were Data DATs.  I didn't know it at the time but
> professional recording studios do no use so called audio DATs.  Data DATs are the
> only ones that are certified to be 100% error free.

I once heard that the difference between audio DATs and computer DATs is the fact
that the data DAT's tape is washed/cleaned after the production process of the tape.
Dust and very small particals should be responsible for the more drop outs of the
audio DATs.

I don't know, if this is true, but this is what I once heard. Does anybody know more?

BTW, regarding the subject line I'm wondering a little bit, because this time it
seems that Germany has lower prices than other parts of the world (maybe except
Japan...). A five-pack of MD blanks is below DM 20, so one blank is DM 3,80 which is
at about US$ 2!

Ralf