I had a funny experience in New York trying to buy a blank MD the other day
that I thought some of you might appreciate.  I had ordered 18 MiniDiscs from
Minidisco at a great price, but they hadn't come yet and I needed a blank to
record a rehearsal that night.  So I went out into Midtown Manhattan looking
for an OK deal--I knew that I wasn't going to find the $2.70 that they cost on
Minidisco, but I figured it wouldn't be so bad.  I went to HMV, all they had
was Sony 4 packs for $19; a little under $5 per disc.  That was about what I
expected, but I only wanted one high priced disc, since a whole batch of
cheapies were about to arrive on my doorstep.  So I went to one of those New
York sheister electronics places that are everywhere in midtown, and that all
sell MD recorders, figuring I could buy 1 disc.  I could: for $10!  This was
bull, so I went to Tower Records downtown and found the same Sony 4-pack deal.
I decided to root around, and found within the bowels of Tower a 5 pack of TDKs
for $12.99!  Now that is a good price, but I still only wanted one, so I bought
1 TDK at the counter for $5.  They had another single disc at the counter: a
Sony for $11.99!  Clearly, MD in the US is the bastard child when it comes to
blanks; no one even knows how to price them.  But next time I need blanks, I'm
buying those super-cheap TDKs, which sounded great :-)

Alex
===
Alex LeVine

"Never let ya down with the stereo sound" -Ad Rock

Sorry about the ad--what do you expect from free email?!