hello,

I know this is likely an old thread (as it's an old unit), but I'm
interested in finding out info RE the possibility of getting a digigal out
signal from he sharp MS200.

I read the archives, and foudn that several people tested the unit with an
o-scope to find a digital signal.  I didn't however, see any mention of
further research for the DAC inside the unit.  I opened mine up, and found
that the DAC is manuf'ed by AKM semi.  I went to their site, and found
detailed info RE the chp itself.  That info is available here:

http://www.akm.com/ProductPages/ak4520a.html

also, information on a board that contains the DAC along with the req'd
Din's and Dout's is available here:

http://www.akm.com/EvalPages/akd4520a.html

I'm not too savy on with digital chips, and wouldn't really know where to
start in finding out info RE this, so I'm hoping that someone more skilled
will be able to lend a hand.  I'm assuming however, that from the
diagrahm, you can't just hook up two leads to some magical Dout's that are
currently floating inside the unit...it'd prolly be more complicated than
that...

anywho, if you have any advice on this, or other info, I'd appreciate
hearing form you!

thanks!
-lev