Hi Dave, as a SWL myself I paid a quick visit to your page.
I used to own a Lowe HF-225 gen coverage rx but needed to sell it
when short for cash and spending much more time on the net.  I
still have my Sony ICF SW-77 though which works fine.  Being in
Britain there are no freq restrictions (150KHz-30MHz AM, AM Sync,
USB, LSB/CW and 76-108MHz Wide FM).

I only listen infrequently, but find the set great to use, and as you
mentioned the memories make it marvellous to listen to a particular
station without looking up frequencies.

I've had no probs with the tuning knob but would have preferred one
with a dimple for my finger, and also for the display light to stay on
while using it, or better yet until turned off.

As for the synchronous detector, on a strong station with no interference,
the sound quality is lowered a little, but on a weak station, it works great
maintaing a lock through all but the very deepest fades and is easier
than selecting sideband and tuning in like an SSB signal.

Anyway good to see another radio enthusiast here.  Hope to hear from
you again Dave.

Cheers,
PrinceGaz -- "if it harms none, do what you will"

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Website: http://website.lineone.net/~princegaz/
ICQ: 36892193