> I just found it ironic that such a retro "nothing after 1959, no-one
younger
> than 60" station should choose such a modern, technological recording
medium
> (even if they can't spell minidisc right) :)

Why ironic? I invested in MD for two purposes: superior bootlegging of radio
broadcasts, especially from BBC Radio 3; a better way to use my 1000+ vinyl
albums, many of which don't have a cat in hell's chance of making it on to
CD.(Until I can work out how to do it!) It makes perfect sense to go for a
digital archive. And what better than MD.

As to the spelling, the word disk perfectly acceptable. Unless it is a trade
name, which would be MiniDisc, The Telegraph can spell it as it likes. It is
what we call house style in publishing.

MK