> > I just found it ironic that such a retro "nothing after 1959, no-one
> younger
> > than 60" station should choose such a modern, technological recording
> medium
> > (even if they can't spell minidisc right) :)
> >

> Why ironic? I invested in MD for two purposes: superior
> bootlegging of radio
> broadcasts, especially from BBC Radio 3; a better way to use my
> 1000+ vinyl
> albums, many of which don't have a cat in hell's chance of making it on to
> CD.(Until I can work out how to do it!) It makes perfect sense to go for a
> digital archive. And what better than MD.

I thought it was a very good application of MD - it was just the mental
image I had of the 60+ year-old presenters, playing nothing newer than 50s
music on something so modern. :)

As someone else pointed out, the archival of such old 78rpm recordings is a
very good thing, especially in the not-especially-record-friendly
environment of the radio station.

Simon