<<  I took a look at the MDP1 and the problem is I couldn't find any specs
for
it.  How long is the battery life?  How many seconds of shock protection?
How good is the sound quality?  >>  (Paul Johnson)

When I displayed it, I took a look at the manual, and I believe it said that
the battery life of the included NIMH was 6 hours, whereas an ordinary AA
would be only 4 or 5.  You'd think it would be other way around, so perhaps
it was a misprint, or I misread it.  I didn't look for any specs regarding
the shock protection.  I couldn't tell you anything about the sound quality,
as I did not try to play an MD in it.

<<  Does anyone have a web site for Audiophase?  When I do a search on it
all I seem to find is the Best Buy web site, my own web site and a
couple of others, but not audiophase.  >>  (J. Coon)

Audiophase's website is evidently www.audiophase.com, and it is in
construction.

<<  From the looks of it, it's a Kenwood DMC J3 clone. The NiMH AA cell and
the
fact someone else does a cheapo version of it ( Goodmans, UK), confirms
this.  MDCP says the Kenwood's unit is their own design, so it's not a Sony
based design.  >>  (Richard)

Well, just because that is what the MDCP says, doesn't mean that it is
right.  Not all of the Kenwoods appear to be original in design.  The chip
may be their own, but I have my doubts about some of their physical designs.
Anyway, aside from the similarity in battery compartments (a similarity both
models share with the Sony MZ-E33), the MDP1 really doesn't look like the
DMC J3.  Note that the MDP1 has no controls on the top.  It really looks
more like a Sony design.  Compare even the X design on the Audiophase with
the X design on the EP11 and E44.  The transport mechanism, moreover, looks
very much like that of a Sony's (although it has more plastic components).
Furthermore, the remote resembles an older Sony 'quarter-sized' remote, and
the included headphones look very much like a pair of Sony headphones.

Daryl