Hi,

>When you read a record with FORTRAN, the read statement tells what the
>numbers mean by the position of the numbers.  I doubt that any of  that

As I said, a date like "9999" wouldn't make any sense then,
unless you live in a world with only single digit months/days !
Of course this error could still happen, but there would have
to be an incredibly stupid programmer to use a simple number
as an EOF marker and the code would have a glaring bug to
store a date in this buggy format.

Alexander Dietrich
--
| Alexander Dietrich | Norderstedt, Germany |
| e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]      |