I used the demo version of Cool Edit.  It is pretty impressive.
http://flint.tucows.com/audioedit95.html there are some other ones at
that site too.

If you just want to record and don'e care much about the editing
functions, you can use windows sound recorder. Look under programs /
accessories/ multimedia/ sound recorder.  If it isn't there, download
net show from http://www.microsoft.com.

One of the tricks they don't tell you is you have to open up volume
control (under programs/accessories/multimedia/volume control.) then
click on options/properties/   thenclick on adjust volume for recording
and make sure the line-in is checked under Show the following controls.
click OK and you should see the record control.  YOu can then select to
record from the line-in ,  the mike , cd or what ever.

You

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hey guys,
>
>     I'm trying to take music off my Minidisc portable and put it on my
> computer.  My dad is encouraging me to use this PC, even though I've used a
> mac mostly before.  Because of this I have no idea how to get my music on the
> computer.  I've got it hooked up now via 1/8 inch input/output cables to the
> mic input...but after i do that, how/what program do i use to actually grab
> the music.  Any kind of microphone program i can use it to grab them to
> wav's?  I've looked at it with audiocatalyst, but i still can't surmise a
> way.  Can someome please lemme know what to do?
>
> Thankyas
>
> ~Brad

Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker