>If you don't know about test mode, DO NOT enter it.  It can do all
>sorts of things, including rendering your MD unusable!  Seriously.

Very wise words, BTW doesn't anybody have, or know where to find the Service
Manual for the Sharp MD-MT20H ? I need that, so I will know what I'm doing,
I've got the service manual of the MS200, but It's totally different :-(

Oh, and to be more precise about what Test mode is, it's a mode which the
people at the service centers use to find out what's wrong with it if it
doesn't work anymore, and if you're lucky enough, they can even restore it
to working order by only using Test mode. (If some settings somehow got
messed up due to electrostatic fields, miswriting to the chip or whatever
that could've happened). The problem here is that in test mode you can also
mess up the settings of you're MD recorder, which can indeed render it
useless.

Bye, Remko van der Vossen, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The Black Angel, [EMAIL PROTECTED] ICQ: 48056779
EDA and owner of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
fan of Jewel, The X-Files, Chris Carter, Mac Gyver,
BtVS, Jane Jensen's Gabriel Knight

Pretty; "There is a pretty girl on the Face of this magazine
And all I can see are my dirty hands turning the page" Jewel